Wednesday, February 9, 2011

I Take My Throwing Knife, and Throw It...Knife Style!

I finally got to watch the Advanced Dungeons & Dragons episode of Community. I haven't seen the show before, but I saw the commercials and had to find this episode at least.

I didn't go into it with much hope, just because most people that "make fun" of D&D don't really understand it so it just comes off as awkward and sorta lame, but I have to say I really enjoyed it. They had a fairly good idea of what the game is about and played it fairly seriously...well, as seriously as any of my players have ever played.

I feel like a total nerd because I recognized the map in front of the DM as the map of the demonweb from Q1: Queen of the Demonweb Pits.
Side 1
Side 2













"I won Dungeons & Dragons...and it was Advanced!"
edit: Part 1, Part 2


4 comments:

  1. WoW. That map is creepy and really hard to understand. Makes me scared just looking at it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. @Shinobicow, it was a hard map to describe to the players because all the levels were open so you could see those above and below you. And there were spiders...big, big spiders

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks so much for all your great information. Congratulations on a fabulous website! It’s a great resource. Throwing Knives

    ReplyDelete